It’s winter and the respiratory ailments are here again.
Colds and flu have the ability to spread easily via the transmission of the germs through the air, carried on droplets.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
A cloth handkerchief can act as a breeding ground for the germs that are causing the infection. Carrying a used handkerchief around when you are sick may spread your germs.
- If you don't have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
- Turn away from other people when coughing/sneezing.
- Put your used tissue in a waste basket.
- Try to keep your hands away from your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Remember to wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer after coughing or sneezing.
- Help to prevent spread of infection by using face masks when sick.
- Keep safe distance of at least 3 feet from others when sitting in common public areas.
Love and a cough cannot be hid.